Too many Plan B's

As you get closer to the crunch time to choose a path, its time to start closing doors.  This reduces the options available, but allows one to invest more in the open door options.

I have this problem ...
I have called it "Analysis Paralysis" in the past.  It is still a thing. 

I was going over some recent outputs from Andy Frisella, and had one of those moments.  You know - the realization that he has a great point, and he might be talking directly to me.  Its here - Zero Options Mentality

I was trying hard to not paint myself into a corner, and not taking actions that would reduce my available options.  That also means that I was failing at something else.

Effectively putting any plan into motion.

I guess there is good news, the options I had explored and tried to put plans in place were dissipating like some boiling water at 40 below, all because of COVID challenges that companies and organizations had.

Even some of my school program options disappeared while the school explored ways to conduct the on-site training - online.  Allows me to shrug my shoulders and say not my fault.

But, I hadn't even applied to the program.  I was keeping it on a list as an option. That meant I wasn't making forward progress towards an end goal - just keeping as many goals available on the other side of the field, without moving across it.

Similar to to my platinum tier procrastinations (but different in my mind), trying to have all the doors open means that you don't step through them.

But, I can say - I have changed that ..... now.

I have:
applied for a program,
been accepted into the program, and
paid the non-refundable deposits and fees to start.

So, lets see where this path leads us.  Its a "graduate certificate" program in Digital Marketing.  Then I can learn how to properly build an online presence.

The good news, I don't think I had to close many doors to do this.  The only thing that changes would be if I do something else after it.





Comments